Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
application:openUrl() enhancement — Gideros Forum

application:openUrl() enhancement

jimlevjimlev Member
edited January 2021 in Suggestions & requests
Hello !
about the application:openUrl() function.
As the documentation is quite small on that feature, I think that all is said about it but...
I export my app in HTML5 format. When I use the openURL() , the app open a new window each time. It could be very useful to pass a param (like in HTML href tag) to choose if the url open in :
- a new window
- an already named window (the first openUrl will create that window and the future 'click' always target that window, as in HTML)
- in "_self" (same window the app occupy to replace it).

any opinion about it?
My meditation plan :
SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
Totebo: “ Best quote ever.”
🤔

Comments

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    It looks like HTML specific behavior, I mean not something that could be done on android or iPhone. Maybe you can achieve the same with JavaScript using JS.eval() Gideros function ?

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • I took the HTML behaviour as an example because it's something I'm familiar with. ;)
    And, if you say it could be done with JS.eval(), it could probably be done that way... I have no idea what it means but I will search i that direction when my openUrl() problem will be on top of my list ;)

thx hgy29 ! always on top !
    My meditation plan :
    SinisterSoft: “ I don't create classes that much - classes are good for making things simpler but imho for frame rate they are also death by a thousand cuts.”
    Totebo: “ Best quote ever.”
    🤔
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    edited January 2021
    when used on HTML, application:openUrl() calls
    window.open()
    , so you could use
    JS.eval([[window.open('my.url')]])
    in your code and it would do the same

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook