Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Fast Android Emulation — Gideros Forum

Fast Android Emulation

evsevs Member
edited April 2012 in General questions
Hello,

I have got android x86 installed in a virtual machine to get fast android emulation

http://www.andreybutov.com/2011/10/14/how-to-set-up-a-faster-android-emulator/

Unfortunately Gideros Player and exported Gideros android projects crash (I think because libgideros.so is compiled for arm).

@atilim
I was wondering if the player and/or export function could be made compatible with this system, as it is so much faster for those of us without an android device. [-O<

thanks

evs

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    @evs unfortunately, building for x86 and maintaining the x86 release is not an easy task. therefore I couldn't add this as a feature. I hope you understand me :\"> :)
  • evsevs Member
    Oh well, it was worth a try!

cheers

evs
  • yarlyyarly Member
    Try scouring ebay for a used android device if you need one. You can usually get one that's based on CMDA for 100-200 if it's around a year old or so (like a Nexus S from Sprint). GSM ones keep there value longer though and are probably like 100% more in cost, but only really needed if you need phone services with it. Otherwise, you can just use the CDMA one over wifi.
  • A ZTE Blade (brand new) only cost me £99. It's an armv6 and can easily run 2.2 (I think there's a 2.3 mod floating around the net somewhere). And my Gideros apps all seem to run very smooth on it.

@Scouser's uses one and he seems happy with his as well.

Plus having a lower spec device is always a good base to work from.
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill