Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Highlighting read-along text during narration — Gideros Forum

Highlighting read-along text during narration

chipster123chipster123 Member
edited November 2011 in General questions
Any suggestions on a good way to synchronize highlighting text to narration (read-along story book style) other than breaking the text into a list of words and having a second list of time intervals that correspond?

Thanks,
Chip

Comments

• atilimatilim Maintainer
    I also prefer your way. But I also want to hear any other thoughts.
  • That's how SMIL (used in e-books) does it for instance, actually I think it uses start- and end-times to get the pace of the highlighting better especially if there are pauses in the reading.

You can use something called Labels in Audacity to bookmark all words and export that to a textfile of timestamps and it can be done for selections so you can get both start and end of each word.

If you don't need that kind of precision you can just listen, pause and write down times of course, but labels probably give you better precision. Also it might be possible to just find all the silent gaps with a program, but that will most likely require manual tweaking and may not be worth it.

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • chipster123chipster123 Member
    edited November 2011
    Thanks Stoffe, the audacity label mechanism works well. I'll automate from the output file to avoid redundant text entry. Thanks

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook