Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Hasty Words now available in the App Store — Gideros Forum

Hasty Words now available in the App Store

DudDud Member
edited June 2012 in General questions
Hi all,

My first attempt at an iOS game using Gideros is now in the app store. I'm just testing the water to see how the process of creating and submitting an app works, but I'd be interested to hear what you think of the game. Here are some promo codes:

3WYT4FT7NYKW
HMFMNMTARRAH
E46PWE63E9HP
PNWNWXHRAFEW
Y3FALELKKHK6
R4N3ERWKRJLN
XEL3NRR9A79L
LALH664KAEJL
6PFE6T6EE37A
FPENKTFNPW44

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hasty-words/id530629202?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=2

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Actually I liked the game play. I'd love to see the button eliminated only :) Other than that, really nice job, thanks. (I paid for it to support).
  • I think all the codes have been used! :)
    Hope you get some decent reviews for them
    WhiteTree Games - Home, home on the web, where the bits and bytes they do play!
    #MakeABetterGame! "Never give up, Never NEVER give up!" - Winston Churchill
  • DudDud Member
    techdojo - I have some more codes available below. Try these. If they are all gone too then I have some more I can make available.

Gorkem - Yes I appreciate the splash screen is still there. I will be purchasing a licence as soon as my next pay check from my normal job comes through. I am also considering making the entire project available to other Gideros users as a sample app.

TY3FP79AH37E
    97N6XK49KEL3
    HJNATHPF6WYW
    PLXXPRKP3JAJ
    Y9XYRLPF4R66
    A476FNE944HR
    FFNA936JNXWX
    T3TYLTJEW6TT
    6WN3KY6TYKWJ
    TXFW6A397FY3

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • TXFW6A397FY3 - Taken :)
    Thanks Dud, I'll be sure to leave a review!
  • Tried to leave a review and a rating but apparently I have to "purchase" the game first! (obviously promo codes don't count anymore).

Anyway - I enjoyed the game, it's nicely done and looks solid (didn't crash), it's quite addictive trying to get the last word in before the time runs out - I don't know how big the dictionary is but I always find it amusing when it recognises my favourite swear words :)

I like the sparkly bits in the background but there's still some room for improvements.
    The help text on a non retina device is really hard to read - maybe use a bigger font and have a scrolling area instead.

I'd like to be able to touch a letter again and have it removed from the word - especially useful if you press the wrong letter at the end of a long word and haven't got time to re-enter a word before the time runs out.

Also as the time counts down how about making the letters start to jiggle to really increase the feeling of tension as the timer is about to run out.

What about an arcade mode where by you can earn extra time by getting longer words?

A good start, hopefully you'll be able to make enough to enable you to upgrade from the free version of Gideros and get rid of the starting delay, however this is one thing that I do love about Gideros is that you can actually get an app submitted even with the free version :)

Highscore is 9 words : 4290 in a minute!
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    I am also considering making the entire project available to other Gideros users as a sample app.
    I cannot stress enough how I'm soo happy and excited with your decision. :O
  • I'm sure a free 6 month licence might do the trick :)
  • DudDud Member
    Techdojo thanks for the suggestions - some good ideas there. There is no doubt about it that polishing a game is where all the effort is. I built the core game in less than a week but adding all the extra bits is where the real work is. I going to give it a week or so to see what other comments I get and then decide whether to release an update with some extra features.
  • evsevs Member
    Thanks - used PLXXPRKP3JAJ

cheers

evs
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    edited June 2012
    I love the game, very well polished and fun to play. :)>-

I don't know how you're choosing the letters randomly but I think it's better to distribute them related to this statistics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_frequency#Relative_frequencies_of_letters_in_the_English_language
  • I have decided to not use promo codes anymore because people can't review with them. Instead just make your app free for a day. Making your app free for a day will also give you some exposure.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    Call me noob, but how do you even use promo codes?
    When I buy something from device, I only get an option to buy and that's all.
  • evsevs Member
    edited June 2012
    @ar2rsawseen - click redeem on the iTunes store

cheers

evs
  • DudDud Member
    Atalim - yes the randomness of the letters is indeed based on the frequency that you linked to. The scoring of the letters is also based on the same scoring as in Scrabble which (I think) was originally based on the frequency of letters that appeared in a copy of the Times newspaper in England :)
  • LALH664KAEJL taken

Will review

Chers