Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Dealing with bugs reported by Crashlytics — Gideros Forum

Dealing with bugs reported by Crashlytics

Hi guys,

Since I put my app on sale (free) the other day downloads have gone up about 5000%, which is nice, but Crashlytics reports has also begun to pour in. Right now crash-free users and sessions are at ~94%. I'm certain almost none of the crashes is due to an error in my lua code (which usually generates an EAGLView.h error). I find it a bit difficult to read the crash reports and how to deal with them.

For example, the no. 1 error (ten times more common than no. 2) refers to something called AudioToolbox. I suspect AudioToolbox has something to do with that darn Microphone plugin I'm using, but I'm not completely sure.

Any ideas or suggestions how to deal with this, anyone?

Here's an edited cut-out from the Fabric Crashlytics page:
AudioToolbox
#3GenericRunLoopThread::Entry(void*)

Booiosen iOS
#19+[ANSMetadata identifierForAdvertisingWithManager:]

Booiosen iOS
#2-[ANSActivity endAndInvalidateBackgroundTask]

Booiosen iOS
#15+[ANSFileUtils fileSizeAtURL:]

Booiosen iOS
#17-[ANSWriteEventOperation main]

AVFAudio
#5GenericRunLoopThread::Entry(void*)

Booiosen iOS
#31-[ANSWriteEventOperation logLineWithTimestamp:eventName:payloadDictionary:]

Booiosen iOS
#36-[ANSWriteEventOperation initWithEvent:metadata:logFileUrl:]

Booiosen iOS
#35__57-[ANSWriteEventOperation appendLogLine:toFileDescriptor:]_block_invoke

CFNetwork
#18+[NSURLConnection(Loader) _resourceLoadLoop:]

AudioToolbox
#10GenericRunLoopThread::Entry(void*)

libobjc.A.dylib
#14objc_msgSend
It's this app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1216642311
If you have kids 3-6 of age, feel free to try it out.

Comments

• saeyssaeys Member
    It seems most of these crashes occurs when the app is not in focus, like other apps are requiring resources that my app is using when "off-focus".

I know some might think this belongs to another forum, on the other hand this is a Gideros iOS export and I have not meddled with the iOS code before distribution. So I would love any comment from someone familiar with Crashlytics and/or iOS code (since I'm not). :smile:
  • One thing to bear in mind is that when your app is not in focus it can be closed down by the OS at any time. This can cause an error.

I've been wading through the crash reports since I released my first app, and I've learned it's hard to find a cause to many of the crashes you get. I'd only worry about the Lua ones and the ones that affect a lot of people (say more than 1% of uniques).

My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
    +1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • saeyssaeys Member
    Thank you @totebo !

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook