Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
WWDC tickets on sale now — Gideros Forum

WWDC tickets on sale now

MagnusviriMagnusviri Member
edited April 2012 in General questions
If you want to go to Apple's developer conference buy tickets right now. They sold out last year in a matter of hours. A difference this year is that you can only buy one ticket and the ticket is non-transferable or non-redeemable, so no scalping this year like there was last year. But I still think it will sell out immediately.

Comments

• gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    For Google I/O 2011, it took 5 mins.
  • atilimatilim Maintainer
    @Magnusviri do have any plans on WWDC? (I'm not attending btw)
  • I am attending.

And I guess it took 2 hours to sell out.

The difference between Google I/O and WWDC is that the WWDC ticket sales date wasn't pre-announced. I have a friend who tried to get in Google I/O and the web browser simply wouldn't load the page (university network).

On the other hand, I have friends who woke up this morning and it was sold out (they run an iPhone Dev company), one was giving a presentation when tickets went on sale and sold out, and a coworker of mine was on the payment verification page when it was suddenly sold out.

Lots of difficult feelings today. I didn't go last year and I've been going for about 10 years, so I know how it feels to not go. I think the only solution is to have multiple conferences, but because of the amount of work that goes into a conference I don't think that will happen.
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Compare that amount of work to the amount of work used to build an iPhone :) I have the faith in having multiple conferences around the world several times a year.
  • Last time I went (2009) I've put in the final feedback form that _at least_ a split between iOS and OS X conferences would help!
    OTOH, they publish the videos shortly after, so the main push to "be there" and get the latest news is somewhat reduced. What's left is the kick of having a lot of developers you can gather with, great discussions can happen while you're having lunch! In that case, Apple only act as catalyzer, it can be done somewhere else.
    Many years ago (Spindler's era), there's been the attempt for an European Dev Conf (in Paris, at the time), but it didn't last: those were hard times for Apple, now everything is changed, it can certainly be done again. One-day worldwide presentations do happen regularly, and they regularly are filled in no time. I can understand Apple has difficulties in flying around engineers, but why, for example, don't they put some push behind high quality, independent conferences (say, NSConference)?
  • Yep I'd agree you can get all the sessions online and they put alot of stuff onto itunesU as well.