Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Security issue when sharing gproj files in 2016.4 and 2016.6 (fixed in 2016.8) — Gideros Forum

Security issue when sharing gproj files in 2016.4 and 2016.6 (fixed in 2016.8)

john26john26 Maintainer
edited August 2016 in Announcements
As you know, Gideros 2016.4 allows direct export of Android APK files, which is a great new feature. However, I need to warn you of something. If you have used this feature and entered your keystore passwords (ie, box 8 and 9 in the dialog below) then Gideros will store these passwords plain text in your .gproj file.

This is not a security concern in itself but it means you must keep .gproj file secret if you have used this feature. In the next release we will change it so that Gideros does not store passwords at all but for now you need to be careful. I wanted to mention this because I know lots of people share gproj files on Github etc.

This only affects you if you have used APK export and typed in your passwords in the boxes shown in the figure for a given project. In the next release we will remove passwords so gproj files can be freely shared again.
+1 -1 (+5 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments