Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Moving adverts — Gideros Forum

Moving adverts

antixantix Member
edited July 2016 in General questions
Are banner adverts able to be moved once they are on the stage?

Comments

• simwhisimwhi Member
    I know that you can use the setPosition(x,y) function for admob, but I'm not sure about other ad networks.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    They are not exactly on the stage, but you should be able to move them, yes.

Only they disappear with AD_FAILED event if at least one part goes outside the screen
  • antixantix Member
    Thanks. I was hoping it would be possible to use them as game objects :)
    Accepted Answer
    @antix then you probably want something like native ads. Where ad network provides image and link, problem is that click should be handled also by their native library (cause else it is hard for them to distinguish real clicks with fake ones), so again they can't be used as images for Gideros Bitmap.

But you can cross promote your games that way :)

• NatWobbleNatWobble Member
    edited July 2016
    @ar2sawseen Native ads are now part of the newest Admob SDK (4.x), which also includes reward ad mediation. I think this would be a great way to monitise our games. Native/in-line ads are supposed to be the best performing ads at the moment. Could native ads be compatible with Gideros?

Also mediating Applovin and Chartboost etc would be useful for lots of devs as I gather these are the most commonly used. Admob supports a lot of other networks too, more than mediators such as Mopub.

I was wondering whether it might be on the road map to update to 4.x? [-O<

Also, does the currently supported SDK (3.x) support basic mediation (banners and interstitials)?

• antixantix Member
    I'll put my hand up for an Admob upgrade. I would like to use rewarded video adverts in future products and currently this isn't supported in Admob with Gideros currently. I really don't want to use 3rd party solutions like AppLovin, I just want to use standard Google systems.

Is anyone thinking about / planning a roadmap for Gideros?
    As I said, I think native ads cannot really be part of Gideros, cause while it is an image giver by ad framwork, it still needs to be native view, for them to control clicks.

So it won't be full native ad experience, but rather more like a banner ads
  • @ar2rsawseen Ok, thanks for the info. I wasn't really sure how they worked.
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    @ar2rsawseen How about reward ads and mediation for other networks using admob. Is/will this be possible in the future?