Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Sometimes bitmap is not shown — Gideros Forum

Sometimes bitmap is not shown

test29test29 Member
edited July 2016 in General questions
Sometimes Bitmap is not shown on desktop player (background image across whole screen), but instead it shows white background and throws error:

"libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile"

Image size is 560x854 8bit png.
Gideros 2016.06
Desktop player - Windows 7 64bit.

Comments

• n1cken1cke Maintainer
    Convert your image into png-24 format.
    I use Faststone Image Viewer: http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDownload.htm
    Open your image with it, right click, press "Save as...", select "PNG format", press "Options...", select "Colors -> 24 bit".

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • test29test29 Member
    I tied that already. With 8bit, 24 bit, with and without transparency. It happens only sometimes (in 10 starts, 1-2 times). I'm using ZeroBrane (but it's same with Gideros Studio). Everything runs normal, only image is replaced with white background.

When it happens I can't restart player with File/Restart (error is shown "cannot open init.lua: Invalid argument" - I already write about this).
  • n1cken1cke Maintainer
    edited July 2016
    I can only recommend you to share your project or part of it with error so we could check it too. Another suggestion is to check your hard drive for errors.
  • test29test29 Member
    This is happening only in version 2016.06.

In 2016.04 everything works ok.
  • test29test29 Member
    Here is the test file. It happens only sometimes (sometime immediately, sometime after multiple starts).
    zip
    zip
    New Project.zip
  • n1cken1cke Maintainer
    I cannot reproduce that bug on my PC (Windows 10 x64). I restarted player 100 times and every time I had no issues with your project at all. Try to export your project to Windows desktop and Win32 and then test it again.
  • test29test29 Member
    edited July 2016
    In ZeroBrane you need to close player after every run and start it again. When the white background shows instead image then you can't restart. If you restart while it starts ok, then everything works.
  • n1cken1cke Maintainer
    Yes, I did that for ZBS too. So you have this issue only with Gideros Player or with exported projects too?
  • test29test29 Member
    Only in desktop Player. When exported everything is OK.
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    I sometimes see the blank screen too. It's pretty rare though.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • test29test29 Member
    I noticed following:

When I start desktop player and if on start it shows details start screen (version, IP address...) then it work like it should, but when this start screen is missing then also background image is missing (replaced with white background).

Also when I can't make it to start like it should, if I execute in dos prompt:

gdrbridge.exe stopdeamon , then after that, everything works.