Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Planet Gideros - the monthly video + e-zine in production :) - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Planet Gideros - the monthly video + e-zine in production :)

2»

Comments

• simwhisimwhi Member
    @antix @Ninadoodle We have made two games with Gideros so far (the second one coming later today with any luck!!). It's taken a while to bring everything together and create our own specific framework/classes etc, but now we have the building blocks for a much quicker release cycle. And we have far greater knowledge about Android and iOS, too.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @simwhi - thanks for the encouragement :) I've been focused on web only until now, and I have about a weeks work on my first Gideros app. I'm sure with a little bit of hair pulling, I'll get through it.
    Like @antix - my plan is to write up tutorials on my learnings.

Good luck with your app, can't wait to try it :)

• simwhisimwhi Member
    @Ninjadoodle Many thanks. I will be sure to post it on the forum!!

We always try to give back to the community, too. It's importajt to show that things are being solved/worked on. I really want new devs to discover Gideros, and find out a) how amazing Gideros is, and b) how great the community is.

All we need to do is pool our knowledge and keep pushing.

I would really like to know how many serious Gideros developers are out there.

• hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    We are actively working on export process and plugin integration, the idea is that projects exported by gideros should be ready to compile and publish without the need to change files or meta data.

@ar2rsawseen already added app icons and splash screen automatic generation (by scaling down a large base image) for all targets, I enhanced the export window with a progress bar and a log pane, and now we have to convert all plugins so that they are integrated to code during export without user intervention.

But this is hard work: 30 plugins with typically 2~3 support platforms for each plugin, lots of combinations to code and test.
    +1 -1 (+4 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • simwhisimwhi Member
    @hgy29 Many thanks for the update. We do appreciate EVERYTHING that you guys do. Just from our own experience we have a good idea how long things take to code and test.

I don't know how feasible it is, but If there is anything that we can do to help, please let us know.
  • NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
    edited July 2016
    @hgy29 Same here, happy to test if needed. Thank you for the hard work - it will be so awesome when it's done!!
  • antixantix Member
    @hgy29 I would like to reiterate that I also appreciate what you maintainers have achieved and what you continue to achieve. Whilst there are many plugins to get working with the new export features it would be good if the order in which they are updated is prioritized by their actual use in getting a product published.

@simwhi building a collection of classes to accelerate game development has been what I have been up to for nine months. I'm ready now to mix them up in different configurations and make real games. I made my first one in just over a week, and that was now over two weeks ago and it's not published.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    @antix, sure we'll deal with most used plugins first, and your input on how to actually integrate them manually will help us a lot. What would be the prioritized list according to you all ?
  • antixantix Member
    edited July 2016
    @hgy29, I still haven't actually figured much out (but I'm happy to write something up when I get it working). I have the google play services partially working with leaderboards functioning, and achievements crashing the app. Worse yet I can't debug on a device because when I go to login I get a message saying "the app is not configured correctly". Yet if I just build an APK and run that from my device the login proceeds fine. It does my head in.

In my mind anyone who possibly wants to make a living making games needs the following plugins to be easy to use..
    1. In App Billing
    2. In App Adverts
    3. Google Play Services (I suppose ditch the standalone and use gaming)
    4. FaceBook (though I personally won't use it)

+1 -1 (+2 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @hgy29

I agree with @antix

1. In App Purchases
    2. Adverts
    3. Google Play / Game Centre
    4. Facebook

• simwhisimwhi Member
    @hgy29 I agree with @Ninjadoodle and @antix, but I would also go as far as to prioritise the ads further into most commonly used (admob being the first). We also use Applovin for reward ads, but I wouldn't know which one should be second etc.
  • SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    For me, ad platforms AppLovin then Chartboost perform the most. Admob was very disappointing.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com