Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Sending an email through a Gideros app — Gideros Forum

Sending an email through a Gideros app

misterhupmisterhup Member
edited June 2016 in General questions
Is there a plugin or a way to send an email through a Gideros App?

Comments

• keszeghkeszegh Member
    edited June 2016 Accepted Answer
    hi, from android i do it this way:
    local str="mailto:developer@gmail.com?subject=comments&body=The text of the email"
    application:openUrl(str)
    on windows it should work too if a mail app is set. on other platforms i did not try, probably should work too.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Thanks a lot! I need it to work just on Android anyways, but I have a question: Is there a way to add a file or a photo from the device to send using this method?

• talistalis Guru
    edited June 2016 Accepted Answer
    This should have to work, at least it is working in vbscript in windows,
    so why not in Android.
    Of course just change \\host part to sd card or documents directory. It can only send attachment from local.
    local str="mailto:email@domain.com?subject=file&body=see+file&attachment=\\host\path\to\file"
    application:openUrl(str)

• One more thing on this subject: is there a way to send the email in an automatic fashion? Basically I'm trying to make a sort of security app and I want the email to be sent without the user noticing. Are there any ways?
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    don't think there is a way from the app, cause user needs aproval to send email from his account, etc.

In such cases you usually have a server side email sending, which some sort of API, that you trigger from Gideros app for example