Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Video Recording — Gideros Forum

Video Recording

antixantix Member
edited June 2016 in General questions
Hey everyone. I want to record the desktop player and it would be great if I was able to record on my Android device too. I then want to upload them to a YouTube channel too.

What does everyone use to accomplish these tasks? Are there any free, easy to use programs out there?

Comments

• I'm not sure about the best way to do this for the desktop player or Android. For Mac + iOS, I've been connecting my device via USB and then using Quick Time Player to record the game being played on the device.
  • totebototebo Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm also on Mac, and use Quicktime's "Screen recording" function for the desktop, and "Movie recording" for iOS devices.

Android now has a built-in feature to record the screen bundled with their "Play Games" app, which works well on my Nexus 6 (although I haven't figured out how to remove my smiling face from the recordings).
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • antixantix Member
    Darn, I use windows and really don't want to install QuickTime :)

I found FRAPS but it has a "fraps" logo on everything in the free version.
  • antixantix Member
    @pie, thanks. That works but it crashes a lot. I got it to record some things which is cool, but sound recording doesn't work. I suppose for now I can make soundless videos until I find a batter solution.
  • antixantix Member
    I ended up purchasing Movai Screen Capture Studio. It's super easy to use :)
  • My computer runs Win 10 operating system. However, I don't take the aid of its built-in screen recorder, Xbox DVR, which will regard all desktop activity as game. The one I am using now is a reliable screen recorder for Windows, called Joyoshare Screen Recorder, that can cut recordings to different sections and skip unwanted portions in flexible way.