Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
GeoMoov, my first professional app is out — Gideros Forum

GeoMoov, my first professional app is out

hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
GeoMoov is an asset tracking app, designed to work in conjunction with my company's products.
It has been released on Android, and submitted to iOS and WP8 stores.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pointcore.geomoov

So yes, Gideros is able to produce professional apps, not only games. :)
+1 -1 (+6 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• Nice work on the app! After working with Gideros for the last few weeks, I have to say that's its absolutely amazing + very easy to pick up.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • Nice app! I often get asked if I can make a business app and I say, no just games! Must get around to trying Gideros to make a business app soon.
  • For apps it's often a requirement to use the native UI elements of the platform, to make the user feel at home. As far as I know Gideros can't easily do this?
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    Well, on the contrary we prefer to have a UI that looks the same over all platforms than a platform dependant UI...
  • Really @hgy29?

On Android at least, most the apps I use tend to stick to Material. Presumably so the user won't have to learn a new way of interacting with the app and just use its functionality.
    My Gideros games: www.totebo.com
  • talistalis Guru
    edited October 2015
    In the beginning of smartphones market, i mean first use of touchscreens etc , users had trouble interacting with the application, hence it was a new concept for them. There was not standards. Gestures was so much new for peoples motor reactions etc..
    So those times i totaly agree with the standard menu concept.
    But now i don't think that any user will have difficulty with any user interface which has standard input methods. (Not something so much experimental like voice control )
    Even my nephew who is just 6 years old can play any downloaded game (motion control, on screen control, touch control etc..) with different menu's so much easily. (New generation is making me afraid really :-? )
    Especially in Android ,there are no strict guidelines as in Apple and every programmer tend to make their own UI.
    In my opinion a program which has different and effective UI rather than the standard one can shine much more easy in the market even in professional business application.
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    We previously had (that is before using Gideros) one app for each platform, each one using whatever UI was natively available. This was tedious to maintain, and customers often complained that some feature was available on one platform not but necessarily on the other, or that the way of triggering/accessing some feature was different because we were bound to what the native UI allowed.

Having the same UI on all platforms (including the web!) makes it easy for users to switch between their phone to their tablet (not necessarily the same make), or even to their web browser, at home or at work. Plus we can then add our company "style" to our apps whatever the target platform is.