Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
King launches a clone Gideros game engine: Defold - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

King launches a clone Gideros game engine: Defold

2»

Comments

• jdbcjdbc Member
    edited October 2015
    Whoa there @jdbc! I think it's (very, very) unlikely that a company like King would keep source code to make their own games. Let's report back when we have the facts. :)
    But they could do it because they have also your source code, this is the point. You submit source code to their servers, ¿what do they earn with it?
  • Whoa there @jdbc! I think it's (very, very) unlikely that a company like King would keep source code to make their own games. Let's report back when we have the facts. :)
    But they could do it because they have also your source code, this is the point. You submit source code to their servers, ¿what do they earn with it?
    And what would happen if you work offline?

• GiderosFanGiderosFan Member
    edited October 2015
    And again another copy from King is in the World!

Yes I think this should be an extended gideros framework with an mix of Unity (Messages:
    Sender and GameObjects). But i this engine is free so our core team could copy some ideas from this engine too.

I have problems with this too. I mean the same what jdbc said: We create some code they have it on their servers and make an Copy or Clone of them and release this faster better graphic etc...and with the KING logo and boom another stolen idea by King is out.

So

I don't trust King!

If you can work complete offline without an server sync on their server i would take a look more in the deep of this engine. But at the moment if there is just an server compiling without an standalone i will stay on Gideros. The other reason is i have not the Time to learn every 5 days a new IDE, Workspace and Scripting Language. So for me is my decision i would stay on Gideros would be cool if we can copy some of their features in the future but not necessary.

• I don't trust King!

As I do! I was joking first, but we know how is king with the users, now we will know with the developers, and yes if you need to sync withtheir servers... It smells so bad, more if is something that comes from King, the EA of Mobile Gaming

• I looked at this the other day. It looks like you can only make a new project if you have an internet connection, LAME-O