Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
could there be a perfect game? — Gideros Forum

could there be a perfect game?

HolonistHolonist Member
edited April 2015 in Relax cafe
I think all of us at search for the "perfect game" sometimes.

A game that you can play forever, a game that's never frustrating etc.

I think what's closest today is "League of Legends", as I played it for 3 years and I can still play it without getting bored. But then again it makes you so angry sometimes, I wouldn't by any means call it perfect.

What's your game that comes close to perfection? Or if there isn't any, what would such a game need?

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• SinisterSoftSinisterSoft Maintainer
    edited April 2015
    Phoenix - the original arcade game version. It's perfect.
    Coder, video game industry veteran (since the '80s, ❤'s assembler), arrested - never convicted hacker (in the '90s), dad of five, he/him (if that even matters!).
    https://deluxepixel.com
  • Ragnarok Online...
  • hgy29hgy29 Maintainer
    There's one that comes to my mind: Transport Tycoon. I still play it for hours from time to time...
  • piepie Member
    I would say tetris: simple, smart, addictive, endless, cross platform, good for all ages and extremely funny in multiplayer modes.

I think that the right amount of frustration is part of what makes a game addictive: a game that is not challenging, which never makes you angry, is not involving you deeply.. and therefore is not "funny" :)

However there are many other games that I love, and each one is "perfect" for a state of mind or moment of life.

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook
  • @hgy29 Oh that Transport Tycoon.
    I remembered it filled my childhood with wrong concept, that Carbonated drink was build from bubble, and battery pop up out of nowhere....
    :-O :-O :-O :-O
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    Dont know whether perfect or not, but these 3 has taken a lot of time from my life ;-)

1. Street Fighter (especially the original version and Street Fighter 2")
    2. Shinobi
    3. Enemy Territory (Wolfenstein clone)
    Bonus: 1942 (yes, that C64 game)

I think for the first 3, I still can / want to play.

[Confession] Because of Enemy Territory, my PhD was in complete danger 5 years ago. I just couldnt help myself playing day and night [/Confession]