Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Rendering bug on Moto G? — Gideros Forum

Rendering bug on Moto G?

AxlFlameAxlFlame Member
edited February 2015 in Bugs and issues
Hi, guys,

We stumbled upon a wierd graphical glitch on Moto G devices when finishing our last game. For some reason, when we run the game on these devices, some sprites change color or are displayed incorrectly. The screenshots below should illustrate the issue.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? And if so, how could I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Just throwing some things out there:
    Does is only happen on this phone/this model phone?
    Is your application consuming a lot of memory? Is the phone running out of memory?
  • piepie Member
    @AxlFlame - I'm guessing - but I feel it has to do with sprite blending mode or multiple alpha overlapping (I've had a similar visual bug on a bitmap seen through some particle effect, but I didn't investigate it further at the moment and I was never capable of reproducing it again).

What seems strange to me is that it happens only on moto G. If it's a gideros bug should be there on every - at least android - device, unless it is a matter of hardware or android version:
    I would check if my eclipse is up to date before compiling, and look for another device with the same android version as the moto G, and a moto G with a custom rom if possible, to compare :) .
  • piepie Member
    @AxlFlame I don't know if you already solved this, but I solved mine which was looking very similar to your glitched screenshot, maybe it would help:
    Check if you are over-colorTransforming your glitched sprites with
    Sprite:getColorTransform()
    I had r,g,b set to 2,2,2 instead of 1,1,1 (bitmap natural color).