Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Need advice for building UI Inventory for my game — Gideros Forum

Need advice for building UI Inventory for my game

Daimyo21Daimyo21 Member
edited January 2015 in Game & application design
Hi all, I've been working on my game for over a year now on and off and finally got to the point where I need to focus on UI (specifically for inventory). I have been using Aceslide as a temporary quick solution for this.

Right now my placeholder inventory UI is pretty simple, just a single row at the bottom of the screen:

My question is before I go further in building my own UI, is there 3rd party plugins/tools(this game is only for Android atm) that would be better used to streamline my inventory system or should I stick with native? The inventory will grow more in functionality so players can categories items and other functionality to make managing it easier on a phone/tab.

Any advice would help. Thank you!

Comments

• talistalis Guru
    edited January 2015
    Just for information, have no idea if it is a good practice or not but for Gideros there is Widget candy.
    You can see the demo here and the plugin page.

http://giderosmobile.com/tools/widget-candy

• Just for information, have no idea if it is a good practice or not but for Gideros there is Widget candy.
    You can see the demo here and the plugin page.

http://giderosmobile.com/tools/widget-candy
    Thanks for the reply.
    I dont think there is a trial version for that widget. It looks nice and I see some useful functionality, but I usually like to try it out before buying. Much like the Shapeditor plugin which is great because it has a trial and I may be using that in the near future.
  • You can check the showcase in their web site. But unfortunately there is not trial version.
  • @Daimyo21 I found that using gridview instead of aceslide for inventory in my game is performing better. Since both are very well written (thanks @ar2sawseen :) ) it's also easy to switch from one to the other.
    I won't bother buying widget candy when you can use button class, unless you need some "special button".

:)