Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Screen problem — Gideros Forum

Screen problem

mehmetuysalmehmetuysal Member
edited December 2014 in General questions
Hi all,

I am having weird screen feedbacks after IOS 8 released. I am testing on all simulators(IOS 8 and IOS 7) and on some devices(iphone 4, iphone 5, iphone 6, ipad air) I don't see any problems. Even my game passed Apple's review 3 times. But players try to tell me some weird screen problem via comments and mails. At the end, yesterday one of player sent me screenshots and I saw the problem.

My default resolution is 320x480 - letterbox.

Here is the game link
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/word-search-colorful/id543054341?mt=8

In mean time, I released 2 version to fix this problem, one with xcode 5 based on ios 7 and the other with new xcode on ios 8. And I still get the simiar emails.

Here is the ipad air 2 screen. I will be appreciated If someone who has new ipad air 2, could test it.

Admob interstitials are working well.

Comments

• and here is the ipad air/ ios 8.1 screen. There isn't any problem. What is wrong with ipad air 2 ?

Here is ipad air 2 screen

Here is ipad air screen
    IMG_0238.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    IMG_0180.JPG
    480 x 640 - 70K
  • mehmetuysalmehmetuysal Member
    edited December 2014
    Hi all again,
    I solved the problem. I knew that something weird with ipad on ios 8 but how was that relevant with gideros.

Problem: For all my gideros portrait games if you start game while you are holding your ipad(ios 8) lanscape, that generates width as height and height as a width. So that seems weird. You can see it on your ipad simulator making it landscape before open your game. If you didn't test your game before for this bug you should test it.

Here is the solution:

In Appdelegate.mm change this line,
    gdr_initialize(self.viewController.glView, bounds.size.width, bounds.size.height, false);
    with these lines
    float screenWidth = bounds.size.width;
    float screenHeight = bounds.size.height;
    if(screenWidth>screenHeight){
            screenWidth = bounds.size.height;
            screenHeight = bounds.size.width;
    }
    gdr_initialize(self.viewController.glView, screenWidth, screenHeight, false);