Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Texture pack problem white screen — Gideros Forum

Texture pack problem white screen

DoradoLabDoradoLab Member
edited March 2014 in General questions
Hi Gideros,

I am creating a game and playing a Animation using TNT Animator Studio by creating texture pack by Gideros texture packer. Everything is fine in my system Windows-7 Toshiba Satellite c640 but same is not playing in my colleague PC Dell and also after creating .apk for SAMSUNG GT-S6802 same white screen in the place of Sprite Animation. But same will play perfectly in some other mobiles. This issue is only when i am using Texture pack. Please can any suggest me the solution.

Thanks and Regards,

DoradoLab

+1 -1 (+1 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments

• dimension of texture packs ?
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • 4096 X 2048 and also 4096 X 4096 which has around 40 frames and 81 frames respectively.
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    Accepted Answer
    mmm
    on mobile device i prefer not to go beyond the 1024x1024 per texture pack.
    4096x4096 is large enough to not run on devices not of the latest generation.
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • So you mean i need to devide it into sub parts. But in the TNT there is no option to add Multiple Texture packs Frames right so wat to do ???

Can you suggest a solution.
  • ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
    @DoradoLab yes you may want to use Automatic Image Resolution to tackle that
    as preparing smaller graphic with for example 0.5 ratio to load on older phones:

http://docs.giderosmobile.com/automatic_image_resolution.html
  • Ok i will try this too. But it will be helpful if i get a technique of how to play animation using two or more texture pack. Please do help.

Thanks.
  • GregBUGGregBUG Guru
    edited March 2014
    having an animation divided on several texture packs i think is not a good idea (performace side),

so i think is better to try to optimize your texture distribuition (one animation inside one texture pack if it's possible) and then subdivided on several texture packs.
    but avoid to have a single animation subdivided in 2 or more texture packs.

In a next version of TNT Animator i can support multiple texture packs, but for now you can have several animations subdivided for texture pack and use as you need via code.

in a next version i can try to support automatic texture swap
    but i don't know how impact on performances.
    www.tntengine.com
  • also now a days most of device supports 2048x2048 size of texture only few devices needs 1024x1024 texture size so if you dont want to support much older devices (iphone 3g or 3gs also may be) it will be fine to go with 2048 size of texture however 4096 size is still big issue

:)