Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
New Gideros Book — Gideros Forum

New Gideros Book

ar2rsawseenar2rsawseen Maintainer
edited November 2013 in General questions
I have not been so active on weekends lately, and as many of you noticed and commented to me, that there are no more new tutorials on Gideros on my http://appcodingeasy.com blog (nor Gideros blog).

And now you all will know the reason why :)

That is because I was working on the book called Gideros Mobile Game Development and basically spent all my free time on it.

As many of the members of this forum are already experienced with Gideros Mobile, it is hard to say for me if you will benefit from this book, but as some of the top developers here were reviewers of the book and from their comments even they had something new to learn and grasp.

So what it is inside the book?
Spending more than a year (half as unofficial and half as official) support on this forum, I have gathered lots of experience on what concepts it is harder to grasp for new users and what questions being asked more frequently and where new users struggle the most. And I've tried to put all this experience in this book, while developing simple physics game (the concept of the Mashballs), adding both good practices on developing with Gideros and my own experience when managing a real life projects.

So what will you learn from this book:
  • Install Gideros and set up one click on device testing
  • Set up your project to automatically target devices with different screen resolutions
  • Use the clean Gideros OOP approach to produce reusable code
  • Divide game into logical scenes for proper asset end memory management
  • Pack your graphics into single textures for efficiency and easily use them inside Gideros
  • Easily store and manage persistent information
  • Implement pack, level and level progression logic
  • Use physics engine inside Gideros
  • Managing highscores for your players
  • Use tweens and animations
  • Manage background music and sound effects
Who this book is for?
This book is for developers who are new to mobile game development or who have tried the native development of mobile games and were not satisfied with complexity, speed or huge fragmentation of supported platforms and devices.

The format of the book is mini and I really tried to put in as much information as I could, so I really hope you will find it useful and of course can contact me on any additional questions you might have while going through the book.

So the book will be published on the 13th of November (lucky date :) ) and of course I will post here when it's out ;)

http://www.packtpub.com/gideros-mobile-game-development/book

P.S. This is actually first book that is completely devoted to Gideros Mobile development, and although I'm not really a writer, I hope that if the book will be successful, it will open doors (also with other publishers) for so much more talented writers as @OZApps, @MikeHart, @Magnusviri, @SinisterSoft and many others that I saw are ready to take on the initiative.image
+1 -1 (+13 / -0 )Share on Facebook

Comments