Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Lua Glider 1.8 beta for Gideros- Live Coding, On Device Debugging, Project Management, & More - Page 2 — Gideros Forum

Lua Glider 1.8 beta for Gideros- Live Coding, On Device Debugging, Project Management, & More

2»

Comments

• Update: We are working on a dependency management feature similar to the Gideros IDE.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers
    :D nice! And if possible an easy way to switch from local player to device player!

Thanks for you fantastic work.
    TNT ENGiNE for Gideors Studio - Particle Engine, Virtual Pad, Animator Studio, Collision Engine - DOWNLOAD NOW !!! IT'S FREE!!! -
    www.tntengine.com
  • ljp1203ljp1203 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hi @mydevelopergames ,

I am running into an issue with LuaGlider.
    Everytime I try to run a project, it says right next to the Output-Simulator:

"Waiting for debugger connection..start Corona project."

Then in the Output-Simulator, it says:

"Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!"

I get this everytime and I can't seem to figure out why it's happening. I have set my "SDK" to Gideros and changed the IP to the one on my iPhone and un-ticked local player. But it keeps happening.

I am running Windows 8 64-Bit Edition. I tried searching the error and seems it has something to do with Windows 8.

Hopefully you can help me solve this because I think LuaGlider is awesome, very easy to use, and intuitive!

Thanks in advance!
    -Landon
    ErrorReport.png
    1600 x 900 - 307K
    JLS
    Lead Coder and Designer
  • @Gianluca,

Thanks, we will let you know when there is something to try out.

Hello Landon,

Thanks for the screenshot. It seems you are running a version that hasn't yet been updated. Please grab the update via help-> Check for updates. The beta gets updated almost daily so please check when you can.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers
  • Hi @mydevelopergames ,

Thanks for the help, that worked, but yet I have another issue. Everytime I try to start the project, it give me:

"connection failed, retrying"

I don't know why it is doing this now.

Thanks again!
    -Landon
    Untitled.png
    1600 x 900 - 252K
    JLS
    Lead Coder and Designer
  • Hello Landon,

Did you try running on local host first? You should first close the gideros player on the device and try running it on the local gideros player to make sure everything works. Then we can troubleshoot the connection if necessary.

if you have gchat please send us a chat request if you can, we can get the situation solved faster that way:
    mydevelopergames (at) gmail

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers
  • Hi @mydevelopergames ,

It's giving me the same issue again even though I am using the local player.

I sent you guys a chat request through GChat.

Thanks!
    -Landon
    JLS
    Lead Coder and Designer
  • Hi @all ,

I wanted to know if anyone has gotten this error before:

Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!
    connect failed, retrying

Thanks!
    -Landon
    JLS
    Lead Coder and Designer
  • Please see:
    http://www.giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/2523/gdrbridge-not-working-in-windows-8-qt-untested-windows-version-6.2-detected#Item_1

If you are using windows 8. Until gdrbridge.exe is fixed you wont be able to launch apps from the IDE.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers
  • Hey,

I'm an existing customer and I'd like to get my hands on a copy of the Beta. I submitted a request also through your contact form yesterday.

Thanks.
  • FrankFrank Member
    Same, would like beta and expected release date. I submitted request a few weeks ago already.
  • @mydevelopergames i need beta also, already bought the full version thinking it is supporting Gideros :( Anyway hope you guys will soon implement in the full version also.
  • @mydevelopergames Yeah, would appreciate a response to my request. It's been a while now...
  • Hello everyone,

Sorry about the delay. We needed to rework the static analyzer backend before giving out any betas because of some bugs other beta testers encountered. We are trying to get such a fundamental component right because many IDE features (ie autocomplete, documentation window, instant renaming, semantic highlighting, hints, warnings, etc) all depend on a solid static analyzer. Please bear with us and we will let you know when it is ready to test again.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers
  • @mydevelopergames - Any projected release date yet? Even if it's just Beta? Thx.
  • @BigWinston,

Please send us an email at mydevelopergames@gmail.com and we can give you a beta version to test out.

Regards,
    M.Y. Developers