Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Problem with EAGLView.m kEAGLDrawablePropertyRetainedBacking property and BhSnapshot.mm in iOS6 — Gideros Forum

Problem with EAGLView.m kEAGLDrawablePropertyRetainedBacking property and BhSnapshot.mm in iOS6

bowerandybowerandy Guru
edited January 2013 in General questions
Hi @atilim,

I noticed, just as I was about to use my BhSnapshot plugin in anger, that something was changed in IOS6 to stop it working. I use this plugin to create thumbnail images of objects created in game so that they can be displayed in a slider view and chosen later by the user.

The BhSnapshot plugin uses glReadPixels() internally but it appears that, since iOS 6, this is returning just a bunch of zero bytes. The solution is described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12528365/why-is-glreadpixels-failing-in-this-code-in-ios-6-0?lq=1

I've verified that if I change the Gideros EAGLView.m file to include:
[NSNumber numberWithBool:TRUE], kEAGLDrawablePropertyRetainedBacking,
then the problem is fixed. Do you think it would be a good idea to change the base Gideros code to include this change? Alternatively, is it possible to set this option later (after initialization time) so that I can do it from within the plugin itself?

best regards

Comments