Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
Templates :-) — Gideros Forum

Templates :-)

cnmeyer1980cnmeyer1980 Member
edited December 2012 in General questions
Hi guys,

First of all, a very merry Christmas to everyone.

I've used many development tools over the last few years, and have just come across this platform.

I've used xcode, corona and gamesalad, and would like to have a go at using this platform as it appears really good.

I'm just wondering if there are any templates (no matter how basic) so I can see how the software works.

Also, regarding testing, am I right in assuming you have to instal the player on your device and then copy the project as a non apk?

Cheers everyone :)
Chris

Comments

• 1dot44mb1dot44mb Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi and welcome.

Here is a game template
    http://giderosmobile.com/forum/discussion/480/gideros-game-template

Besides, Gideros Studio has many built in demos and examples. Just open the software you will see the sample projects on the main screen.
  • gorkemgorkem Maintainer
    edited December 2012
    Glad to see you here :) Gideros Studio is one of the easiest yet extensible mobile app development frameworks out there. I'm pretty sure you'll find all answers to your questions (even those asked but not answered in other forums!) :)

There are plenty of examples inside IDE, take a look at them first. Then, go to wiki and read developer faq for an initial kickoff. Check code snippets on the right for nice examples. In a few days, you are done if you have previous lua experience. :)

Testing is done instantaneously, after you install player apk on device. Take a look at Gideros Academy docs to understand how it's done. Testing is one of the best, distinct features of Gideros Studio and I'm sure you'll find it very useful.

Just ask here if you are stuck and your question will be answered by a fellow community member in a few hours ;)
  • Hi @1dot4mb and thank you very much for the link above, really looking forward to getting cracking with this tool :-)

Cheers and have a brilliant Christmas
  • Hi @gorken, thank you also for your help, I really appreciate all the support, I have a simple little game in mind that I was going to develop in gamesalad, however from what I've read about this tool, I think this to be honest looks like the best platform (just have to have a mess around and see what I can come up with. I also plan to share as many templates (free) as I can while I learn how to use it.

I'm sure I'm going to ask tons of questions, so just apologising for that now :-)