Quick Links: Download Gideros Studio | Gideros Documentation | Gideros Development Center | Gideros community chat | DONATE
iPad Air - stage:setBackgroundColor makes graphics distorted — Gideros Forum

iPad Air - stage:setBackgroundColor makes graphics distorted

NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
edited June 2014 in General questions
Hi Guys

Just wondering of anybody is experiencing this issue. I have 3 devices I'm testing on - On the iPad2 and iPhone4s the graphics display fine, but when testing through the Gideros Player on iPad Air, the graphics look completely distorted and don't have any anti-aliasing on the edges.

Thank you in advance!

PS. Same thing happens when I export the project and install on iPad Air (graphics look distorted).

Comments

• Hi @Ninjadoodle

Would be nice if you could upload a screenshot of this problem
    you can use this image if you want to do it and so appreciate image distorted
  • NinjadoodleNinjadoodle Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi HubertRonald

Yay!! I found the problem! It's this line ...

stage:setBackgroundColor(255,255,255)

Setting the background colour works fine on both 4s and iPad2 but on iPad Air it makes the graphics go crazy.

When I remove the line, the graphics look perfect and anti-aliasing is there as normal.

Not too sure why it's happening, but at least I know where the problem lies :)
  • HubertRonaldHubertRonald Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi HubertRonald

Yay!! I found the problem! It's this line ...

stage:setBackgroundColor(255,255,255)

If you want to use RGB format (Because "setBackgroundColor" is in hexadecimal format)
    http://docs.giderosmobile.com/reference/gideros/Application/setBackgroundColor

you'll have to do the following

-- color: rgb to hex
    function rgb(r, g, b)
    	return ((r*256)+g)*256+b
    end

application:setBackgroundColor(rgb(255, 255, 255)) -- non stage
    It works for me :)>-
  • Thank you for the workaround!

It's not really a big deal, because I don't change the stage colour much anyway, but I just wanted the team to be aware that it causes issues on the iPad Air :)